Wednesday, August 15, 2012











I was so excited when Crowdtap chose me to host a W. Kamau Bell Premiere Party! I love comedy and so does my family, so we were very happy to be part of this. I even let my daughter stay up and watch since it's the summer and she is more mature now. The W. Kamau Bell show Premiered on FX on August 9th at 11pm. I received a digital kit to help me throw the best Premiere party possible!

Here's what came in the party kit:

  • Exclusive download of W. Kamau Bell’s comedy album
  • A never before seen sneak preview of the show before it airs
  • A bunch of other great content from Kamau
  • Some creative party ideas & instructions on how to throw the best possible party
 I decided that since the show wasn't going to start until 11pm..I would throw together some snacks (Chips, Popcorn, Pretzels, Crackers, Cheese and Salami) and put on the W. Kamau Bell comedy album: Face Full of Flour. We all loved it! When Kamau reads the shortlist of things that make him upset..omg that was hilarious!! Skateboards, skinny jeans, vampires..lol!! I take it he doesn't like the show Mad Men. Ha!! If you haven't heard any of his stand up, you should listen to Face Full of Flour. It's really good!





I decided to try to make my own video of things that I was Totally Biased about..I didn't feel very comfortable in front of the camera..which is another thing that I would be biased about if it were someone else lol..also I look terrible because it was night time and I was in my comfortable clothes..another thing I am biased about lol! Here is the link to the YouTube video I created:



 



I thought that pizza would be a good food to serve since it's easy and people can eat it without making too much of a mess in the living room. We all settled in for the show! I logged into GetGlue and got my W.Kamau Bell Sticker!

my GetGlue check in sticker for the Premier Show!








We were all finding our seats and grabbing pizza at this point! lol




I don't usually like Politician comedy but W. Kamau Bell was really crackin' funny stuff!!






The Pizza went fast! I don't even think we were 10 minutes into the show yet! :)


This was one of my favorite joke bits of the night!! LOL!! If you can't read it, it says, " I know every black female looked at gabby douglas's hair and asked Why? Just why?





Someone else actually tweeted this! "Gabby Douglas Need Her Hair Did"


She just won a gold medal!!! I doubt the first thing on her mind is her hair..and if it was, she probably wouldn't have won!! LOL!!





Here are two shots of "Gabby with her hair did" The first photo is her if she won silver...and the second shot is her winning bronze..see how fancy the bronze hair was? Ha!!





After the Gabby Douglas bit..I really enjoyed the "Stop and Frisk" on the street segment. When W. Kamau Bell was asking people about getting arrested and if they would like it better if the officer offered them a soda..that was sooo funny!! Someone said "pop and lock" and I immediately thought..Pop and lock you up! 

The Old Stop and Frisk in Harlem
W. Kamau Bell calls Chris Rock " A foul mouthed Yoda"







I can't wait to see what other topics that the W. Kamau Bell show covers next Thursday! We all had fun listening to the digital copy of Face Full of Flour and watching the Premiere of the show. Thank you W. Kamau Bell and thank you Crowdtap!!



No comments:

Post a Comment